Can't mount Windows (CIFS) share?

Hi All,

I have a live image which boots over PXE and mounts a Windows share before collecting data and dropping it on the share.

This was working for a few weeks until I decided to rebuild and now I’m unable to mount the share, receiving the following error:

mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system

mount error(19): No such device

I have cifs-utils installed but when I try to load the cifs module, I receive the following error:

libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file ‘/lib/modules/3.2.0-3-686-pae/modules.dep.bin

Looking in the modules directory I see I don’t have the above directory but I do have /lib/modules/3.2.0-4-686-pae.

So I  symlink that directory but when I try and mount the module again I get the following error:

cifs: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

ERROR: could not insert ‘cifs’: Exec format error

Does anyone know the cause of this or have a workaround?

Thanks,

Carl Strickland