Normal system user not being created

Hi,

it seems I am unable to get live-build to create the live-user correctly. I need to create it in my hook scripts so that it will be used but this is something I would like to avoid. Also the Debian installer does not create the user account, neither when using preseed file nor when entering username/password manually. :-(
I am using Debian Live 2.0 within an up-to-date Squeeze environment.

Does anybody have a clue?

This is my /auto/config:

lb config noauto \
        --apt apt \
        --apt-recommends disabled \
        --architecture i386 \
        --archive-areas "main" \
        --bootstrap-flavour minimal \
        --chroot-filesystem squashfs \
        --debian-installer live \
        --distribution squeeze \
        --hostname live-system \
        --language en \
        --linux-flavours 686 \
        --memtest none \
        --mode debian \
        --packages-lists minimal \
        --root-command sudo \
        --syslinux-splash "config/binary_syslinux/splash.rle" \
        --syslinux-timeout 10 \
        --username gsmaster \
        --win32-loader disabled \
        --includes none \