Debian Wheezy live images

[…]

 >> Do I understand it correctly that a simple way to include anything
 >> from Sid into an otherwise Wheezy image would be to put the package
 >> files in question below config/packages.chroot/?

 > that, or better pin it, see live-manual.

	ACK, thanks!

	So, it's better late than never.  With some effort, I was able
	to build the “debian-standard” (.hybrid.iso, amd64) image, which
	is now available via BitTorrent.  (Though I see that by now the
	“official” a2 images are also available.)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fc1d249694393bcaac492da10bf57ab774e31fa0

[…]

 >> It seems that I'd need to use a signed dists/ + pool/ pair from a
 >> smaller media.)

 > unfortunately, d-i does not require the repos on the installer media
 > to be signed.

	It may make sense, as the one creating or modifying the
	installation media may tamper the trusted keys (or the
	verification code) just as easily as he or she could tamper the
	.deb's themselves.

--
FSF associate member #7257