initialization profiles through a multi session (recorded DVD and) loader?

~
 I would like to boot debian live and default to different
configurations depending on hardware checks and user selections, which
could be understood as initialization profiles
~
 For example, user could:
 ._ chose (not) to include certain (general or core) utilities, say
start on rescue or user mode
 ._ reset previous sessions for, say, file browsers and editors (since
you have no control of the assignment of drive letters (but each drive
has it hardware ID)) This saves lots of time and guessing for people
who would just take with them a live CD and a USB-powered micro drive
 ._ decide which users have access to the Internet (and which don't at all)
 ._ if I am working from machine A it is OK to have a home dir in the
actual (configured) HDD, but in machine B I want my home directory in
a created ram partition, so that if/when the computer is shutdown no
traces whatsoever are left behind ...
~
 I could imagine many more features could be included
~
 Can (most of) those types of things be done just through
configuration during booting and/or the initialization?
~
 thanks
 lbrtchx