lib/live/boot.sh in live initrd.img

there are variables:
old_root_overlay_label="live-rw"
old_home_overlay_label="home-rw"

that should provide funcionality with live-rw label set on volume.

My goal is to keep whole filesystem persistent or snapshot enabled (save it when rebooting etc). When I'll use 'persistence' as label and live-persistent.conf, I cannot use root (/) as parameter and I should use different volume label, is that right?

About documentation - problem is, that functionality is changing and it is not simple to Google right manual - but as I wrote above - I tried almost everything, and still no luck.

Jan

On 2012-11-04 15:10, Ben Armstrong wrote:
On 04/11/12 08:22 AM, Jan Pekař wrote:
Thank you, I selected hdd instead of iso-hybrid (now I can see, that it
is written in documentation that I need hdd for persistence on same
disk) - but still no luck!

I have added debug to kernel param and attached boot.log
"live-rw" labeled system is at /dev/sda2

What doc are you following? The new version uses a partition labelled
'persistence'. Sorry I didn't catch that. But it's in live-manual.

Ben