Re: Now world-writable staging branches for live-* components

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM, chals <chals@altorricon.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Daniel Baumann
> <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
>>
>> rather than adding a new chapter, i would move the existing one and
>> generalize it, and use live-manual as an example.
>>

> It sounds like a very good idea to me. I'll try to write a draft as
> soon as I can.

I have just finished the first draft but I have to re-read it in case
there are typos or other errors.

I think I got your idea right but I haven't completely moved one
chapter into the new one: I have moved most of the chapter
"Contributing to this document" to "Contributing to the project"
leaving a link from the former to the latter. While "Contributing to
the project" gives a general view of the process and uses live-manual
as an example I have left live-manual specific procedures in
about_manual (I think that doing otherwise would be confusing for new
contributors).

In short:

live-manual specific procedures --> "Contributing to this document"
live-manual example/general procedures --> "Contributing to the project"

In "Contributing to the project" I have basically included the
information that you posted on this mailing list only making minimal
changes where necessary.  And in "Contributing to this document" I
have also added a bit more info on the translation process (which may
still need some more improving).

Unless told otherwise, I'll probably push this afternoon after
revising the texts again. I hope that the change is for the better :)

Have a nice Halloween weekend!

ps. I have made a backup of all about_manual.po files because the
already existing translations will be "lost" after updating the files
from the master language. Most strings will remain exactly the same so
just a copy and paste will greatly save translation work.

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com