Re: Why unwanted gnome will be instaled on wheezy live?

On 10/11/2012 01:25 PM, upiter77@lycos.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today I've installed wheezy live with LXDE using:
>
> lb config --package-list=lxde

You appear to be using an ancient version of live-build that still
supports this option. We do not support such old versions of 3.x and 2.x
is not suitable to build wheezy. In some very old versions of
live-build, the lxde package list explicitly included gdm3.

Also, the lxde metapackage in wheezy recommends gdm3.

The problem with gdm3 is it now drags in huge numbers of gnome
dependencies (much worse than it was earlier in the wheezy development
cycle). We (the lxde maintainers) have already switched to recommending
lightdm instead in the sid version of the lxde metapackage and we (the
debian-live maintainers, there is some overlap ;) have already switched
to recommending lightdm in the wheezy version of task-lxde-desktop,
which is roughly equivalent to the old 'lxde-desktop' list from older
versions of live-build.

So, if you use the right versions of things, you will no longer have
this problem.

Ben