Re: About d-i pressed.cfg

On Thursday 12 July 2012 13:54:39 Harshad Joshi wrote:
> Has anybody modified or tweaked preseed.cfg that has hooks related to d-i?

Below are some lines which should work, but don't and therefor I've commented
them out.
# Run late_command script to set additional things up
#d-i preseed/include string /core-pkgs.cfg
#d-i preseed/late_command string preseed_fetch /scripts/late_command.sh
/root/late_command.sh > /dev/null
#d-i preseed/run string /scripts/late_command.sh

Note that I haven't tried hooks with absolute urls, since I want my scripts to
be portable. But one should be able to (for example) wget <url> and then execute
it in late_command.

> I would like to see a working example of it.

Me too

> Weblinks can also do good.

The most extended and likely accurate examples I've found are on Philip Hands'
site, who's also the maintainer of the preseed (src) package:
- http://hands.com/d-i/

Other links:
- http://www.lackof.org/taggart/hacking/d-i_preseed/
- http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs05.html#preseed-hooks