Re: Create a completely NON persistent debian live

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 11:36:15AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 01:29 PM, upiter77@lycos.com wrote:
> > Is it a better "non persistent" solution if I create an iso hybrid
> > instead of usb-hdd (hdd) image?
>
> as long as you do not manually enable persistency, there is no
> persistency in neither iso-hybrid nor usb-hdd images.

What about nopersistent live-boot option (man live-boot)?

       nopersistent
           disables  the  "persistent" feature, useful if the bootloader (like
           syslinux) has been installed with persistent enabled.

I'm curious about this because I've been configuring live-config options with
files in /etc/live/config.d/ but have not tried with /etc/live/boot.d/.

If it _is_ intentional that there is _no_ persistence, where would this
nopersistent option be added? The live-boot man page (live-boot-doc
package) says in /etc/live/boot.conf.

What would be the content of that file? BOOT_NOPERSISTENT=true?

I'm curious because I'd like to know if a boot option in syslinux like
persistent (or any other live-boot options in syslinux) could be
"overrided" from "inside" the image this way.

TIA