Re: use LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY in debootstrap and for udebs

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Daniel Baumann
<daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
> On 05/28/2012 10:24 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>> I'm unsure about exporting http_proxy at the configure and
>> deconfigure step. Might it not taint the build environment on exit?
>
> yep.
>
>> Perhaps just passing http_proxy to the debootstrap invocations would
>> be safer?
>
> i'd prefer not have 'single cases' in the code where we pass variables
> to commands (except for Chroot();, but that's a special thing anyway)
> and keep stuff centraly when reading in and setting default values,
> hence i've commited this instead:
>
> http://live.debian.net/gitweb?p=live-build.git;a=commitdiff;h=4b34d7612228b63a13d106ab53767ba84550d06e

I just tried this (setting http_proxy in lb_config) and it didn't work
here. debootstrap still downloads the packages from the repository,
not from apt-cacher, and the udebs are not downloaded from apt-cacher.
I believe lb_bootstrap and lb_binary_debian-installer still need to be
patched to use http_proxy because they don't use it now.

What do guys mean with "tainted"? proxy is used in chroot; why using
proxy in debootstrap taints anything? I could try another approach if
i understood what is considered "tainted" in this case.