How to convert a "PXE chroot" to a iso/hdd image?

Dear all,

This is our first post on debian-live. Sorry if the question seems naive or if we are not at the right place.
We googled during days without finding a precise answer...

And the [http://live.debian.net/manual-2.x/html/] does not give very accurate informations on the internal behavior of live-build.
And to analyze all the scripts of "lb" is not so simple...

This is what we need to do:

For an other project, we need to configure Thin Clients to connect to servers.
For this, the Project Maintainers provide us regularly with a specific "chroot directory" to use on a PXE server, so the clients can live-boot on.
This works well.
But! We can not have a PXE server on production.
So we just need same, but the clients booting on USB keys...

The structure of the "chroot directory" delivered by the Project looks very similar to what we could obtain for example with the 1st tutorial [http://live.debian.net/manual-2.x/html/live-manual.en.html#677].

user@CBK_test:~$ ls -p1 ~chroot/
bin/
boot/
dev/
etc/
home/
initrd.img.486
initrd.img.686
lib/
media/
mnt/
opt/
proc/
root/
sbin/
selinux/
srv/
sys/
tmp/
usr/
var/
vmlinuz.486
vmlinuz.686
user@CBK_test:~$

How is it possible to reuse this chroot directory with live-build to make an iso image??

Perhaps, copying this directory in "~/tutorial1/chroot"
and starting somehow "lb build" directly with the "binary" stage, avoiding the "bootstrap" stage and the "chroot" stage??

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
Charlie