Re: Problems with installing packages, bug?

Greetings,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've made a Wheezy image with:
> http://live-build.debian.net/cgi-bin/live-build
> I did nothing special, just a Gnome liveCD.
>
> It works fine, but when I want to install a package from non-free
> (firmware for wifi) then this does not work.
>
> You will understand that I have added non-free to my sources list and I
> have done a "apt-get update".
>
> Other packages from main are installing without problems.

Just to make sure I understand your sequence:

1. boot the cd
2. modify /etc/apt/sources.list
On 2. could you paste your sources list on a reply as well.
3. you perform an apt-get update
4. attempt to install a non-free package

If the above is works without errors on update, then I believe it
should work. Also know unless you are using persistence your
modifications will not survive reboot.

Can you confirm?

Thanks.