Adding a new failsafe option to boot menu

Hi,

I have built a live cd (using live helper) with many additional tools on it (I wont bore you with the details), but some computers I have tested it on fail to boot with both the live and failsafe modes.

I found adding acpi=off as a boot parameter happens to result in sucessful boots in my case.

Is there a way to add another failsafe option to the boot menu, say
failsafe2 (acpi=off)
which would behave like live but with the extra boot parameter acpi=off ?

I have looked for a while through the manual and man pages but cant find any relevant information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Liam