Re: Can't boot. syslinux ERROR: No configuration file found

On 08/03/12 11:35 AM, Gilles RENAULT wrote:
> Got the same error, lb_build 3.0~a45-1

At minimum, we need not only the version of live-build you're using, but
also your configuration and/or a log showing the problem. See the
live-manual chapter on bugs.

Since I don't have your configuration, I'm reduced to guesswork. I will
warn you of one very easy to overlook issue, and that is, '-b usb-hdd'
is the old syntax. The new syntax is '-b hdd', which reflects the fact
that the hdd format is by no means limited to use on USB devices (and
allows for hdd variants in future, like for VMs). If you fail to upgrade
the option name to the latest syntax (consult lb_config man page) then
your build will break. I don't remember in this case whether it fails to
produce an image or whether it produces a broken image as a result. In
any case, it's a good habit to develop to check the log *even if* an
image file is produced, as any errors may cause problems when you boot
the image.

Thanks,
Ben