Re: debian-multimedia on debian-live

Please don't follow up in private email. Keep support requests on the
list so others can participate.

On 07/03/12 06:48 AM, Ellwood Blues wrote:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2011/02/msg00153.html
>
> Exactly the same problem I get.

Well, you did not actually read the bug report then, as it was an
invalid report. It was closed with an explanation by the maintainer what
the solution is. The bug reports themselves can be found at
http://bugs.debian.org/. You can view a specific bug# with, e.g.

http://bugs.debian.org/613104

>> "Every trick" meaning what, precisely?
>
> This one obviously doesn't work:
>
> http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-2.x/html/live-manual.en.html#344

Are you using live-build 2.x or 3.x? If 3.x then "obviously" is right.
This is a manual for version 2.x of live-build *only*.

The corresponding instructions for 3.x are here:

http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-3.x/manual/html/live-manual/customizing-package-installation.en.html#364

> This one seems to do something more but still not what I expected:
>
> http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-2.x/html/live-manual.en.html#405
>
> http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-3.x/manual/html/live-manual.en.html#422

Since you're now quoting sections from two different versions of the
manual applying to two different versions of live-build, it seems you
are quite confused. You should always consult the version of live-manual
that applies to the version of live-build you use (which you failed to
state so far).

Ben