Re: Utility for customize and remasters Livecd

Ok, but if I'm not debating whether the technology live and Debian
better or worse, but if I want to add or remove programs, because I
always have to start all over again?

For the lernstick distribution[1] (based on Debian Live) we have
developed such a tool. Install the lernstick distribution on a USB flash
drive, add or remove programs as you like, install printers, set up your
WLAN access points, customize the start page of your browser or your
screen wallpaper,...
If you are done, start in testing mode (aka "non-persistent"). The
storage media management[2] starts up automatically and, besides many
other things, also allows you to put your customized system into your
own ISO image.
I am fully aware that there are people out there who completely disagree
with this approach, but it is the only way our target group (teachers,
students, kids, ...) are able to produce such customized images.

Best regards

Ronny Standtke

[1] http://www.imedias.ch/lernstick/lernstick_en
[2] http://www.imedias.ch/dateien/lernstick/debian6-imedias/dlcopy_201202091219-1_all.deb