Re: Serial console problems: cannot poweroff, init errors

On 21 February 2012 14:28, Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com> wrote:
But instead of a console on the serial line, I see:
----
/bin/sh: cannot open /dev/tty: No such device or address

Okay, answering part of my own question here, but I found bug #442289[1] and saw that the solution is to add "live-getty" to the linux command line:

    LB_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="quiet ipv6.disable=1 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8 live-getty" ...

This still doesn't solve the problem of not being able to poweroff without a serial console, so if anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=442289

— Jason