Re: New live cd built successfully

On 19/02/12 01:38 PM, Harshad Joshi wrote:
> I just managed to build live cd of debian 6...

Glad to hear things worked out.

> Thank you to all debian live developers and manual writers...

You're welcome.

> I have noticed that server where udebs for live installer are present is
> very slow. why?

It should be no slower than the rest, since by default it should be the
same server. See lb_config man page, option --mirror-debian-installer.

However, if you have configured your image to use a server that is on
DNS rotation (e.g. http.us.debian.org) you could very well end up with
different servers for different stages of the build with different
network performance for each. Thus, it is best to choose one server you
know will always perform well.

Ben