Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 08/02/12 04:32 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 02/08/2012 01:35 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
On 07/02/12 04:00 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
startpar: service(s) returned failure: udev console-setup live-boot ...
failed!

i cannot reproduce that with a sid default image, files are available at
http://unable-to-package.org/~daniel/live/

I downloaded your binary-hybrid.iso, fired it up in a VM, and got exactly the same errors. Just to make certain I got your ISO and wasn't mistakenly using an old one of mine, I downloaded your ISO again and got the same results. I then copied it to a USB key:

    sudo dd if=binary-hybrid.iso of=/dev/sdd bs=4M;sync

I booted my laptop from that USB key - and got the same errors! When I first started up your ISO, I saw that it was 486/686-pae. I've been working in a 64 bit system, so I thought the problem might have been the difference between the two. But if your ISO did the same thing, then that narrows things down a LOT. It can't be my laptop hardware because the same thing happens in a VM.

So what could it possibly be? Does the ISO you produced boots properly on your system, both VM and hardware?

By the way, thanks for your continued efforts to help clear this up, Daniel.