Re: live-manual style guide

On 07/02/12 09:27 AM, chals wrote:
I fear it is way too long (8 pages) to include it in the manual.

What are we optimizing here? File size? Amount of material the user needs to skip over? For the former, I honestly don't think 8 pages adds much to care about. For the latter, put it in an appendix and the user not interested in editing the manual will probably never even know, so I don't think it's a hindrance in any way.

Perhaps
it would be better to put it in the wiki under the Documentation title
at http://live.debian.net/devel/live-manual/

And then simply adding a line in the manual saying: "There is a style
guide available ..."

I would argue to keep all our documentation in one place, just as the intro says the Live Manual sets out as its goal.

    for the actual content of the style guide, i haven't yet read everything
    yet, but i don't feel qualified to comment on it.

Same ...

In respect to the content, it is of course open for improvement. The
experience of authors and translators would be invaluable to make the
guide better.

It will improve visibility for me if you just commit it as a new section at the end of the manual. I know it sounds lame, but the very fact that it's not a part of it has slowed my response to reviewing your contribution.

Thanks for your work on this! I do agree we need such a guide.

Ben