Re: Modifying a debian live squashfs filesystem

On 01/18/2012 08:55 PM, Hoover, Jared M wrote:
> I even tried removing the line I added just to prove that it wasn't the
> addition made that was causing it and the result is the same.  I have a
> feeling this has something to do with permissions within the squashfs
> filesystem but I'm not 100% sure.

just a hunch, does your underlying filesystem where you extracted the
squashfs image support creation of devices (means, is it mounted nodev
by any chance?). if so, remount and redo with defaults mounted (no
nodev, no noexec, etc.).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net