Re: More carefully qualify live-build.d.n time estimate?

On 01/15/2012 09:23 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> "Depending on the options you have selected, the build takes about
> between 5 and 20 minutes."

that sentence is correct.. but not really useful as you pointed out.
what we would be interested in here is a 'when does your build start'
aka 'your estimated time in the queue'.

however, that's not really something we can guess unless we'd have built
the image already (depending on package selection, this can either take
very long, or, if e.g. sid is uninstallable, can be very very fast
despite having a long package list/big task). so, 'waiting time in
queue' is not guessable.

what we however could add is something like 'your place in the queue is
5' or 'there are 5 more builds ahead of you' (in proper english :).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net