Re: CGI builder at live.debian.net not offering wheezy as an option?

Dear Richard and all,

Sorry for the delay (traveling etc.).  Yesterday night I tested a
Wheezy system built using live-build.debian.net.  My experience has
been perfect in my configuration (running in persistent mode on a USB
flash drive).  More details on the configuration below for your
reference.  The only small glitch is that the persistent boot parameter
to live-initramfs no longer seems to work if it is written as
persistent=nofiles (which works with squeeze); just using the plain
word "persistent" works though.  Thanks a lot for the work on this.

I haven't done much testing, but the system boots, comes up in
persistent mode, allows me to install software, etc.  I plan to do some
more work with it in the next few days if possible.

Details of my configuration are as follows for your reference.

I run Debian live on a flash drive in persistent mode, booting
using Grub legacy.  Currently this configuration is running a Squeeze
version built in February last year.  For the test I used a flash drive
on which a Squeeze persistent system had been installed in this manner
(i.e. it worked fine with Squeeze) and wiped the data in the existing
partitions to replace them with the Wheezy build.

The "build" file for the Wheezy build I made is attached.    The
partitions are structured as follows (4 GB pen drive):

sdb1: Approx 960M - vfat first partition, used for holding Windows
files and the boot directory for grub legacy.

sdb2: Approx 280M - vfat partition holding files copied from iso-hybrid
Wheezy image built from CGI builder.

sdb3: rest of flash drive - ext4 partition labeled live-rw and empty at
the moment, meant for persistent use.

My Grub stanza for booting the image is as follows:

title Debian Wheezy
root (hd0,1)
kernel /live/vmlinuz boot=live live-config persistent \
quickreboot noautologin noxautologin utc=no nofastboot
initrd /live/initrd.img
boot

The build boots fine and, as expected, comes up to a text mode login
screen.  Startx starts X and, again as expected, gives just a black
terminal against a black background (no WM installed as yet).  Aptitude
runs and installs software correctly.

Thanks
Shankar