Re: Squeeze on USB

On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 14:02 +0900, sfjro@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> (While I don't know this mail is delivered expectedly, I am sending to
> debian-live and debian-kernel ML too since Ben Hutchings requested me to
> do so. Note that aufs-users ML is members only and your reply may be
> rejected.)
>

> Hello Ben,
>
> Ben Hutchings:
> > If there are important bug fixes that aren't in Debian 6.0 (squeeze)
> > then please inform debian-live@lists.debian.org,
> > debian-kernel@lists.debian.org.  The current version in squeeze is based
> > on:
>
> Ok,
> On debian squeeze, /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-686/kernel/fs/aufs/aufs.ko
> shows 2-standalone.tree-32-20100125 as its version.
> There are many commits in aufs2-2.6.git#aufs2.1-32 after 2010/01/25.
> You may not want to see all 312 commits, so I'd try pick some of them
> which looks important by dropping the commits which titled as "tiny" or
> "minor". There still exist about 150 commits.
[...]

I was hoping you would be able to identify the most important fixes,
dealing with data loss and security bugs.  This long list of changes
appears to include cleanup and new features, which would not be
acceptable in a update to a stable release.  (The only new features
allowed are for supporting new hardware.)

I understand if you don't want to spend time doing that for what you
consider an obsolete release, but if you can then it would really be
appreciated.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else.