Re: /etc/network/interfaces and snapshot persistence

On 10/12/2011 07:32 PM, Axel wrote:
> is there someting wrong with storing
> snapshots on the same partition that the live system ?

depends on your use case, there's no abstract answer to that question.

> I noticed that the file /etc/network/interfaces wasnt restored from the
> snapshot. It seems that the file scripts/live-bottom/23networking from
> the initrd overwrite the /etc/network/interfaces (not really sure). Is
> this a bug or a limit of the snapshot-based persistence ?

23networking should handle that case, patches welcome.

> I think I ll write a hook to force another snapshot restoration to get
> the real /etc/network/interfaces file. Is there a better solution ?

let's just fix 23networking? :)

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net