Re: Upgraded pinning hook

On 08/30/2011 06:34 PM, Ronny Standtke wrote:
Again a short summary why we need this hook:

[...]

We must *PREVENT*(!) kernel upgrades because otherwise they run into
inconsistencies when using the system on a Mac (available kernel modules
suddenly don't fit the currently used kernel, etc.). Therefore we pin
the kernel related packages at the end of the build process with this
hook.

again, for everone else: don't do workarounds and fix the original problem.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net