files from chroot_local-includes/etc/ssh/files are not copied

Hello,

On 08/26/2011 06:42 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
Peter,

On irc, you said:

07:12<  centipete>  hello, i have problems getting /etc/ssh/files into my
image. i have copied them like many other files
                    into chroot_local-includes. but these files are the
only ones that dont appear in the build image. any
                    ideas?

And we responded:

07:23<  SynrG>  there is a boot script which mucks with ssh ...
07:23<  SynrG>  i think recently this was made configurable so it doesn't
get walked on
07:23<  dba>  live-config only regenerates /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key*
07:24<  dba>  (and live-build removes /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key* from the
image during build)
07:24<  dba>  otherwise, ssh is not touched.

Daniel (dba) said above which ones live-config regenerates. I find in
your config:

$ ls config/chroot_local-includes/etc/ssh/
moduli  ssh_config  sshd_config  ssh_host_dsa_key  ssh_host_dsa_key.pub
  ssh_host_rsa_key  ssh_host_rsa_key.pub

Well, the ssh_host_*_key files are exactly the ones Daniel said are
regenerated. You said nothing in response to that, so I assumed you had
processed that and were complaining about some *other* /etc/ssh/ files
that weren't being customized properly. Now, having seen your actual
config, I wonder if my assumption was incorrect.

Even so, I'm not sure what's happening here. It looks to me like
live-config (even 2.x for Squeeze) only regenerates these files if they
don't exist. But maybe I'm misreading something in the code ...

If you need further help with this, please follow up to the list so we
can all help:

debian-live@lists.debian.org

Feel free to quote any or all of the above as your starting point to
post to the list.

Ben

I assume you mean the /lib/live/config/119-openssh-server script from live-config. But it creates these files only if they dont exist already, if i read it correctly. Any ideas why my files disappear?

Thanks
Peter