optiplex999 - no display

Hi - I hope someone can help.

...I am trying to get a current Debian install onto an Optiplex999
without much success. Basic netinstall installs but no Display.

(unsupported Network chip is also one issue - but easy to add an extra
board.)

The more significant problem is the blank display.

However GParted-live works - recognises and configures the display fine.

...but the latest Debian-live does not.

I have asked on GParted for assistance...no useful response. They just
say GParted is based on Debian-live.

So why is GParted-live working but Debian-live not working.

Heeeelp.

the most annoying thing about this is that it is being done in part with
a company who use and want to continue with MS so if I can not get this
going their opinions will be confirmed
8-/

please...if anyone can assist

and thanks for all the good work