Re: What are the Files That I should download to Create a Live CD Image from the page http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1-live/i386/iso-hybrid/

Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
What are the Files That I should download to Create a Live Image from
the page http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1-live/i386/iso-hybrid/.I
could not find any information about what files that should be
downloaded to create an CD image file

Hi,

The files there are prebuilt or stock images. This means that they are ready for use and you only need to copy them to a medium as described here http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html#176

If you want to build a customized image you have to install the live-build package. You can find information here: http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html#107 and http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html#276

I recommend you install live-config as well because it allows you to customize important things such as locales, username, timezone, keyboard layout... and much more.

You will find that it is very easy to build a personalized image with those tools. If you want to learn more about the process can read the entire manual installing live-manual or visiting a more up-to-date version online (built from git every hour) :

http://live.debian.net/manual/

Have fun!!!

--
chals