Re: Adding bootstrap-base to a image

2011/3/4 Jose Luis Zabalza <jlz.3008@gmail.com>:

>>> I'm not positive, but isn't this a core component built into the initrd?
>>
>> I don't know that but ....
>>
>> find . -name boot*
>>
>> on a uncompressed install/initrd.gz find nothing so
>> bootstrap-base.isinstallable nor bootstrap-base.postinst are not
>> inside.
>>

> Aditional to this information, I donwload the first official Debian CD
> and I can see ./pool/main/b/base-installer/bootstrap-base_1.115_i386.udeb
> file on it. The script bootstrap-base.isinstallable nor
> bootstrap-base.postinst are not in initrd.gz file.
>
> So, I think it is posible that this udeb should be necessary to
> correct "normal" installer on live image. But I don't know how I can
> put this udeb on live image to try it. I guess this not enought with
> adding the file to image. I have done this, adding the file to a daily
> snapshot live usb image and updating md5sum.txt file and don't work.

I've gotten insert bootstrap-base udeb into a USB live image, copying
the .udeb file, adding package information on
dists/squeeze/main/debian-installer/binary-i386/Packages, building
compressed file, and patching md5sum.txt. Now, install proccess is
correct but don't work.

You can see the comments in

Bye

--