Re: Renovate debian-live wiki?

On 22/01/11 07:01 PM, Charles Russell wrote:
> Maybe you guys have enough clout to get a section on debian-live usage
> added to the debian wiki.  That wiki now seems geared only to full
> installation.

It's not a matter of clout. It's a wiki, which means anyone can
contribute. That being said, I don't understand what you think is
different about the live system that the wiki doesn't address. Maybe you
could furnish a particular example to help me understand?

> Would it be correct to infer from Ben Armstrong's response that the
> posting of usable live images is just incidental to the debian-live
> project, as examples, and that they may not be updated and supported in
> the future?  Only the tools for building such images, which require a
> full installation to start from?

No, we very much do care about producing usable images. However, those
images are only exactly what you would get had you installed Debian,
except in a Live system format. That's why you use normal Debian user
support channels to get help with any non-live-specific issues with them.

Ben