Re: Spurious unmet dependencies

Following tutorial3 in fresh working dircetory, changing the -p lxde to -p gnome and adding -d wheezy and building resolved my issues.

Thank you for the reminder that sid can be unstable and the pointer that lb clean might not remove the taint of sid prior to w wheezy build.   I apologize for suspecting debian-live as my root cause rather than sid proper.

You were  correct that when I built against wheezy I did so against a directory tainted with sid.   I believe that I did use auto per tutorial3 where I copied the sample scripts from   /usr/share/live/build/examples/auto/* to my working directory; however, I did not check to see if the clean script was executable.

Happy Near Winter Solstice  Consumption Holiday,

Scott

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 20/12/11 12:38 PM, Scott A. Askey wrote:
> The build fails against both sid and wheezy.

By the way, I doubt this. I suspect you did not do a clean build of
wheezy. If you first tried sid, then wheezy in the same directory, even
if you did an 'lb clean' between, then you will end up with your
configuration 'tainted' by defaults set by your initial sid build. That
is one of the reasons we recommend in chapter 6 of live-manual you use
'auto' to ensure the config is set to a consistent state when making
major changes (e.g. distribution) to your config.

Ben