Re: live-build 3.0 and non-free packages

On 11/25/2011 01:13 PM, Ronny Standtke wrote:
> I just gave live-build 3.0~a39 a try on wheezy but failed to include
> packages from non-free.
>
> Here is the short test run:
> $ lb config --archive-areas "main contrib non-free"
> $ echo "celestia-common-nonfree" > config/package-lists/test.list

This is incorrect. for chroot lists, use test.list.chroot, otherwise it
will be included in both chroot and binary phases. Probably *not* what
you want. However, that being said ...

> $ sudo lb build
>
> This simple test just fails with the following error messages:
> P: Begin installing packages (install pass)...
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Package celestia-common-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by
> another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'celestia-common-nonfree' has no installation candidate

This happens during the chroot phase, so whether or not you've
accidentally included packages (later) in the binary phase that you
didn't intend, this is a surprising result.

> P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
> P: Saving caches...
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
>
> Is this a known bug? Did I do something wrong? Is there a workaround?
> Any other hints?

Is it a clean build in an empty dir or using cached results from
previous builds? Without a full log, it's hard to tell what may have
gone wrong elsewhere in your build (e.g. any errors downloading package
lists from the chroot mirror? the log should show evidence of
downloading the non-free lists if --archive-areas was successful).

Ben