Debian Live on USB using a non-standard folder

I'm trying to create a USB stick containing multiple Debian Live based distributions. Is it possible to change the directory where Debian live looks for the squashfs filesystem without changing anything in the distribution itself?
In other words: is there a kernel parameter I could specify in syslinux.cfg that would change the default location of the sqaushfs filesystem so I can for instance install 2 version of the same Linux distribution on the usb stick?

BTW, I tried looking up the debian live manual at http://live.debian.net/manual/en/ but the page is empty.

Thanks in advance,

Nico

--