Re: lb_binary_debian-installer and grub2

On 11/03/2011 02:54 PM, Piethein Strengholt wrote:
Dear All,

I'm working on XBMCLive (Ubuntu together with live-build 3.x) and using
a config with grub2 as bootloader and iso as binary image. When setting
the debian-installer to true the image creation fails.

how, can you show the log?

It seems that
there's a dependency in the lb_binary_debian-installer to use the older
grub versions. It would be very nice to have permanent fix for this. I'm
using the code below to temporary fix this issue.

unrelated to what you use as a boot loader to boot the live media, d-i does let the user during installation select the bootloader, such as grub or grub2. for this, grub needs to in pool on the live media which is why lb_binary_debian-installer fetches it and places it there.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net