Re: Grml.org patch bomb

Hi,

I quickly reviewed most of your patches.

Michael Prokop wrote (26 Jul 2011 21:32:27 GMT) :
> 01_fix_output_file.patch

Seems obviously right to me.

> 07_support_findiso.patch

GRML has been carrying this one for years, and it seems both to work
great for them and to make a reasonable usecase possible. The code
seems very sane. A few comments though:

>  -			umount ${mountpoint}
>  +			umount ${mountpoint} 2>/dev/null

Rationale for this seemingly unrelated change?
I fear it could make debugging harder.

>  +		grep -q /live/findiso /proc/mounts && umount /root/live/findiso

The grep command could be a bit more specific, and hence more robust
I believe. Isn't it possible to use the mountpoint command here?

> 10_validateroot.patch

I like defensive programming, but I fear this one might serve to hide
a problem you encountered with scripts/live not dealing with some kind
of particular case. Is this live-bottom script here just in case,
or...?

> 16_nodhcp.patch

Extremely harmless => ack.

> 19_revert_toram_bootoption_to_expected_behaviour.patch

Sounds reasonable to me.

> 25_support_lvm_for_live-media.patch

+			if [ -x /scripts/local-top/lvm2 ] ; then
+			if [ -x /scripts/local-top/mdadm ] ; then

I'm doubtful about adding support for (if I understand clearly)
GRML-specific local-* scripts that are not shipped in live-boot.

> 27_support_static_ip.patch

I've not reviewed this one.

> 30_support_multiarch_dns.patch

> -copy_exec /lib/libnss_dns.so.*      /lib  # DNS server
> +# DNS server:
> +if ls /lib/libnss_dns.so.* >/dev/null 2>&1 ; then # non-multiarch libc
> +        copy_exec /lib/libnss_dns.so.*      /lib
> +elif ls /lib/*/libnss_dns.so.* >/dev/null 2>&1 ; then # multiarch libc
> +        for libnss in /lib/*/libnss_dns.so.* ; do
> +                copy_exec "$libnss"

Just curious: wouldn't "copy_exec /lib/*/libnss_dns.so.*" work?
Otherwise, this bugfix sounds most welcome to me.

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@boum.org>