Re: install specific package version int chroot

On 07/27/2011 09:14 AM, Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
> Hello. I'm new with debian live. Now i try to create live xen dom0 image.
> Im use stable for base system and sid for xen-hypervisor and xen-utils.
> But get error:

>  xen-utils-4.1 : Depends: e2fslibs (>= 1.42~WIP-2011-07-02) but
> 1.41.12-4stable1 is to be installed
>
> if i add e2fslibs via e2fslibs>=1.42~WIP-2011-07-02 i get error that
> package not found...

Just as with non-live Debian systems, mixing sid with stable is not
supported. The correct approach here is to use a stable backport. If no
backport exists, you will need to backport the packages you need
yourself. You can also make requests for missing backports on their
mailing list. See:

http://backports.debian.org/

If you use backports with your Debian Live configuration, you'll need to
either place the desired debs in config/chroot_local-packages/ or else
add the source under config/chroot_sources/ and configure pinning for
the packages you want from backports as per the manual. See:

http://live.debian.net/manual

Ben