Re: Known problem with named pipe in live systems or with nagios ?

Le 01/07/2011 15:06, Ronny Standtke a écrit :
Hi Axel

Nagios uses a named pipe to receive commands from external processes.
So I wonder if this problem could be related to the AUFS mount, and how
I could debug it.

Really interesting! This sounds very similar to the problem I just run
into with libdbus-java on Debian Live. See my mail from yesterday:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2011/06/msg00234.html

There seems to be an issue with named pipes and/or unix domain sockets
on aufs...

It seems that there is a workaround to this problem. The named pipe file in my case is /var/lib/nagios3/rw/nagios.cmd.

By mounting a tmpfs filesystem in the /var/lib/nagios3/rw directory, I manage to access to the named pipe with the www-data user.

Axel