Re: Problem with the automount

On 05/30/2011 04:55 PM, cabavil wrote:
I tried to figure out, how to
stop the live-stick from automounting the internal Harddisk. But i found
no clue.

the problem is with persistency that live-boot can't know where the persistent partition is without looking at it (same is especially true when using crypto). therefore, unless live-boot is told exactely which device and which device only it has to look at, it by default does look at all of them until it finds one.

now.. the problem with encryption is, that in squeeze we haven't got cryptsetup support finished (afaik), and for lenny, there's no support for specifying the device to look at. but the newer version of live-boot won't work with lenny, and anything later than lenny, you've got no encryption of the root fs (loop-aes is gone for good for squeeze and newer, unfortunately).

the right thing to do would be to add support for booting from dm-crypt rootfs with current live-boot and specify the encrypted persistent device exlicitly.

sorry for not being more helpful, but eventhough having this thing is very nice to have, we currently have more pressing and more basic problems to fix first (but patches are always more than welcome).

Regards,
Daniel

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net