Can I fetch packages from Squeeze install DVD?

[Please Cc: me on reply]

Hi all,
I'm starting experimenting with live-build with the goal of building a custom live image. I'm currently trying to run the first tutorial in the manual.

My problem is, I see that packages are supposed to be downloaded from the internet. That isn't an option for me, because I only have 56k modem connectivity. I see that the manual suggests using a local mirror as a solution. (BTW -- I understand that teaching how to set up a local mirror is out of the scope of the manual, but a pointer to such documentation would be useful.)

However, I have a Squeeze install DVD (official Squeeze DVD #1) that I used to install Squeeze on my computer. I'm wondering whether I could just fetch packages from there. Apt-get does that, I have this line in my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.0 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20110205-17:27]/ squeeze contrib main

and whenever I run it to install a new package, it tells me to insert the disc in the drive and press Enter, then it just works.

Can I instruct live-build to do the same?

Thank you
 Gerardo