Re: Can't boot live DVD Debian 6, KDE, 1GB

Dave,
It's good that you know what your comfort zone is, so I can understand your reluctance to open the case.

Another idea along these lines would be to make a BIOS setting change to temporarily disable the drive controller that your hard drive is connected to. Some BIOSes support this and maybe this type of change would be less risky for you. Of course this is meaningful only if it does not simultaneously disable your DVD drive or whatever it is that you are attempting to boot Debian from.

As a side note, I have no idea what your root problem might be. The "without hard drive" suggestion came to mind as I have recently been experimenting with Debian by booting from a USB thumb drive on a bare motherboard with no hard drives connected.

Csaba