Re: dd a live image and create a second partition

Charles Russell wrote:

I couldn't get a loopback mount to work since the .img file was not recognized as a valid filesystem.
Yet the checksum was OK, and the binary.img worked fine after dd to a flash drive (which yielded a FAT filesystem). The loopback mount did not work with either auto or msdos options. The binary.img was on a FAT filesystem, but as far as I know that should not matter; ext2 can be mounted loopback on FAT. So I suppose there is something funny about the .img file.