Re: How to include files when using auto?

On 02/22/2011 11:19 AM, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I have worked my way through the three examples in the manual.  Very
> neat, all work perfectly.
>
> It is not obvious to me how to include files - for example,
> /etc/network/interfaces - in auto/config.

Daniel has already given a good answer. I just want to dig a little
deeper at what looks like some basic confusion on your part about
auto/config. All it does is recreates the *top-level* files in the
config/ tree, leaving all of the rest of its contents alone. Likewise,
auto/clean only removes those files. The subdirectories, like
config/chroot_local-includes/ remain untouched by the default auto
scripts that ship with live-build. I think I was clear about this in the
manual section on this. But if you think it isn't clear enough & have a
proposal for how to clarify it, I'm all ears. :)

Ben