Re: Re: Re: Putting a USB image on a stick - http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB

Filipus Klutiero wrote:
Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 02/07/2011 07:00 AM, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB  was deleted by daniel with
>  comment "this has been included in the manual some time ago, removing."
>  but I can't find the information in the manual.
>  Where is this information?

i have no idea how you looked for it, but it's really easy to find:

second match for USB onhttp://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/
Ah, I think I understand what went wrong. The second match I had is section 4.3.1 Copying USB/HDD image to a USB stick. This does sound like what I was looking for, but it's actually part of section 4.3 Building a USB/HDD image (and I was obviously not building an image). Section 4.3.1 is in the context of building an image, but the command is essentially the same as one would use to copy a stock image. Could someone please make sure to either add a section just for copying a stock image to a USB stick, generalize the existing one or in some way make sure other users can still find the information?
When somebody can look into this, please tell me, I'll look into removing http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB (which I temporarily restored).