Re: booting problems

On 1/22/2011 7:57 AM, Ingo Schmitt wrote:

On 01/22/2011 03:20 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 01:01:24PM +0100, Ingo Schmitt wrote:

Hi,

I use debian live on a NAS box and want an completely unattended
boot up. my first questition is quite easy. how can i tell the boot
loader to boot entry one automatically. I googled a bit but didn't got
any resolution working. my current syslinux loader looks as follows.

medusa:/live/image/syslinux# cat live.cfg
default live
timeout 5
promt 0

label live
	menu label Live Persistent
	kernel /live/vmlinuz
	append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live persistent rootdelay=10
union=aufs noprompt

label live non persist
	menu label Live Non Persistent
	kernel /live/vmlinuz
	append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live rootdelay=10 union=aufs

i want entry one to boot automatically, what I'm doing wrong?

I think you need to modify /live/image/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

See also
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-live@lists.debian.org/msg05166.html

-Rob

Thanks, but this would mean to rebuild the complete live image right?
I really need an advice how to edit the existing cfgs accordingly.

This wiki page for syslinux is what I used recently to solve a similar situation.

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX

You might use as an example the minimal syslinux.cfg in the "How do I Configure SYSLINUX?" section:

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#How_do_I_Configure_SYSLINUX.3F

Csaba