Re: Swap partition isn't activated

El lun, 10-01-2011 a las 10:27 +0100, Daniel Baumann escribió:
> swap handling happens during 12fstab
>
> On 01/10/2011 09:30 AM, Carlos Alarcon wrote:
> >          + /scripts/live-bottom/12fstab
> >          Begin: Configuring fstab ... done.
>
> since that doesn't show anything, you'll need to rebuild the initrd with
> a set -x in 12fstab.

Yes I found out that script, I am actually already making a new image
with set -x in 12fstab and will check what logs give to me.

> > I am afraid that live-boot cannot activate it on boot time because
> > it is on a USB disk and maybe sd_mod is not activated at the time the
> > machines swap is tried to be activated.
>
> that looks like the reason for it.

Doesn't seem to be the problem, we have another kiosk with a disk in it
with a SWAP partition and it is not mounted.

Lets wait for the logs in 12fstab

> for live-boot 3.x, i think about moving swap partition handling to
> live-config which would solve the problem too.
>
> if you depend on having the swap partition on usb with 2.x, i suggest
> you just locally include the required modules and initialize the device
> in live-premount.

Will have a look to it if I cannot find any valuable info in the logs.

> --
> Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
> Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
> Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/

Thanks for your  help
Regards