Re: BOSS Live-installer - A GUI Live Installer for Debian and it's derivatives based on remastersys scripts

On 09/24/2010 11:26 AM, vikramshankarnair@cdacnoida.in wrote:
> I did, the GUI mode wasn't working on the Squeeze image i downloaded
> (debian-live-60alpha2-i386-gnome-desktop.iso), would you point me to
> some documentation on it (docs, screenshots etc) ?

it's supposed to be working now; new images will follow RSN.

> Heres a video of the BOSS Live Installer (v0.11)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlDmb73N4uw , hope to hear from you all
> on this.

looks nice, but *personally*, i don't like it limitations. it lacks a
great deal of the flexibility and features that d-i has, particulary in
the partitioning step (no raid, lvm, encryption etc. support). that's
two of the main reasons why i prefere using d-i, even if sometimes it's
a real pita to fix it when it's broken.