Re: Debian Live squeeze alpha2

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> The Debian Live team is pleased to announce the second alpha of Debian
> Squeeze's Live images.

I had a quick look at the lists of packages and noticed that the gnome, kde, lxde and xfce flavors ALL include gnome. Clearly you don't want that. This is also part of the reason why the images are so big.

I remember that something like that happened before the Lenny release and was "fixed" by not installing recommends, but I guess that the proper fix is to track down the dependency tree, find which packages recommend gnome, and ask their maintainers to change that to gnome|kde|lxde|xfce or whatever appropriate.

Gerardo