Re: problems with building a lxde live system

On 06/26/2010 10:09 AM, Achim Gädke wrote:
> Unfortunately the gdm is installed, too. While booting that results into
> a conflict with the lxde autologin session.

as of live-helper 2.0~a17-1, the conflict should be gone, as we're back
to using gdm (which pulls in a lot of gnome, but lxde team is taking
care of that) instead of nodm.

if you want to avoid pulling in gnome, disable recommends.

> Unfortunately the --hostname and --username  parameters have no effect.

live-config has different parameters than live-initramfs, see man
live-config and add those to bootappend-live.

> Furthermore, the instructions to change the password are outdated.
> I've modified the hook script suggestion from the manual as follows:
> (seems to work...)

yes, the parts in the manual listed in the 'other' part are not yet
updated for squeeze.

> Setting up openjdk-6-jre-headless (6b18-1.8-1) ...
> the java command requires a mounted proc fs (/proc).
> dpkg: error processing openjdk-6-jre-headless (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

this looks wrong, we do have /proc mounted during package installation
time. please run a clean rebuild to see if it's reproducible. if it is,
it might be worth looking at postinst to see how it determines that proc
isn't mounted (maybe a too specific test that needs to be relaxed).

> I would suggest to have an option to use a
> single package cache directory

this is on the todo for the next days/weeks, we desperately needs this
to speedup the webbuilder.