Any display manager autologin does not work.

Hello,

since my last message I've been struggling to get slim display manager to
autologin with the user I've set up, but it does not work.
So today I made an iso hybrid with kdm one with gdm and the autologin does
not work, it show me the login manager and ask me for a password which as
we all know is not set because the live user is without password.
I'm on a sid with the latest packages from the live repository, what am I
doing wrong? is there an option to say to autologin for the DM that I have
forgotten/missed?

Thank you very much

fruity